CircleCI is Continuous Integration, a development practice which is being used by software teams allowing them to to build, test and deploy applications easier and quicker on multiple platforms.
I followed the below steps to connect my BitBucket project to CircleCI
- Signed into Circle CI using Bitbucket credentials.
- Clicked Add Projects from Left hand navigation.
- Clicked Set Up Project on rest-r-ant-engine project line item.
- On the Setup Project page, picked Linux Operatting System and Gradle (Java) language.
- Followed the Next Steps actions as provided on Set Up Project page.
- On my local machine created folder .circleci under the root folder.
- Populated config.yml with the contents of config.yml as provided on the page.
- I updated the content of config.yml with the following
- Run with OpenJDK 11.
- Set working directory to rest-r-ant-engine folder.
- Use provided gradle using gradlew.
- Use ./gradlew check to do the build. My main aim is make sure all the tests pass on every git push.
- Set store_test_results variable so that it shows JUnit summary on Test Summary page.
- Set store_artifacts variable so that it shows the check reports on Artifacts tab of Circle CI.
- Here is the content of my config.yml.