Heroku is a cloud platform as a service supporting several programming languages. Heroku, one of the first cloud platforms, has been in development since June 2007, when it supported only the Ruby programming language, but now supports Java, Node.js, Scala, Clojure, Python, PHP, and Go.
Here is my running notes for deploying Rest R Ant application (a Springboot Application) in heroku.
- I installed Heroku CLI from this link.
- I logged in to heroku CLI.
- In order to deploy to Heroku, we need to provision a new Heroku app. I created a new app named restrant2 (restrant name was already taken). This also created a remote git repository called restrant2 in my local git repository.
- Since I plan to run my application using JDK 12, I created a system.properties file under the root of the project with one entry java.runtime.version=12
- In order to deploy my application in heroku, I just had to push to heroku remote respository.
- I verified the application is deployed in heroku.
- Here is the source code for this blog.